In the last few years we have held mid year in-depth training sessions. Study notes and videos from these series can be found here
In 2023 -We had Charlie Bing, Geoff Smith and Graham Blaikie teaching on – What’s so amazing about grace; Bibliology (Part 2) and Wisdom Literature Part I – Psalms: Songs of the Saviour & Sinners.
In 2022 – Brad Carr and Geoff Smith spoke on the Divided Kingdom – teaching from I and II Kings and also on key texts on the Doctrine of the Scriptures.
- Michael Svigel explored what the bible teaches on the coming kingdom.
- Geoff Smith spoke on the foundations of the kingdom from 1 & 2 Samuel.
- Graham Blaikie taught on the three offices of our Saviour (prophet, priest and king).
In 2020 there was an online school due to the ongoing impact of COVID.
- Dr Jared Alcantara: spoke on the Church in the Wild – Lessons from the Wilderness.
- Geoff Smith: spoke on the Coming Storm.
- Scott Pollok introduced us to 1 John – Why study an ancient letter like First John? What is the point? Isn’t it outdated and irrelevant? I’ve got enough troubles of my own right now; do I really need someone else telling me how I’m falling short?
- Greg Burgess took us further into the Old Testament and taught on Joshua, Judges and Ruth dealing with the triumphs and tragedies of those books and the lessons that we can learn this.
- Geoff Smith took a different tact and spoke about The Rapture and whether we can still believe in this.
- Greg Burgess returned and taught on the Pentateuch – the first five books of the Bible. The first five books of the Bible serve as a foundation for the rest of Scripture. If you’re unsure, unclear or misled about them, it will undermine your faith. Get a solid overview of Genesis through Deuteronomy & shore up your biblical foundations.
- David Anderson from the Grace School of Theology taught on the book of James using the topic “God’s University”. We never quite know when trials & tragedies will knock on the door of our lives but they will knock. God does not shield His children from trials. A lot of it doesn’t make much sense. But that is when God does His best work. James is a letter written precisely to encourage God’s children when the fog rolls in. It offers some of the answers as to why bad things happen to good people.
- Geoff Smith – introduced a series on the gospel of Matthew. “Conversations in Matthew”. Delve into this amazing Gospel & unveil Matthew’s magnificent portrait of Jesus. Be prepared to be excited & be thrilled all over again with the one we call Saviour.
In 2017, Greg Burgess joined us to take sessions on topics of theology.
Here is a copy of one of the sessions from 2019