Each year we run a Marriage Course. The next course will start Wednesday 3rd May 2023. It is 7 sessions running form 7 – 9:30pm and will be run onsite.
Why do the Marriage Course?
The greatest achievements in life take practice, training and dedication. We do regular check-ups to help our cars run smoothly and reduce the risk of breakdowns. Sports professionals spend hours being coached and perfecting their technique. It is the same with marriage. A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive and we can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage better.
- Are you married or in a long-term relationship?
- Have you been together for over a year?
- Would you like your relationship to be the best it can be?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions then this course is for you!
Here is what Glenn and Kirsten say about the course.
What is the Marriage Course?
This is a seven session course where we serve you with nibbles, coffee, tea and dessert at a candlelit table for two. You listen to some practical DVD based talks and work through exercises together. There is never any group work and you will never be asked to share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner.
The Marriage Course is for any couple, whether you have been together for one year or 61 years and whether you feel you have a strong relationship or are struggling. If your marriage is strong it will help you make it even better and reinforce your good habits. If on the other hand your are having some difficulties you will get some practical tools to help you work through the issues. Some couples who are separated have used the course as a way of trying to get back together. Whatever your situation, the practical tools you learn will help improve and strengthen your relationship.
While The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles, it is designed for couples with or without a Christian faith. Many couples who are not churchgoers have commented that the Christian content was presented in a way that did not make them uncomfortable at all.
How does it work?
The course is over seven evenings, starting at 7pm and finishing around 9.30pm. Each session includes:
- An atmosphere that many say feels like a date night and a friendly welcome.
- A romantic candlelit table for two giving you space to relax and chat. You will be served with nibbles and coffee, tea and dessert.
- Practical talks that are informative and fun. They include filmed clips of couples sharing their own experiences and street interviews from around the world.
- Private discussion time as a couple. You will be given topics to discuss (sometimes with the help of an exercise). Music is played so you can’t hear couples on other tables and they can’t hear you!
- No group work, so relax – you will not have to share anything about your relationship with anyone else.
- Homework – at the end of each session you are given some homework to do together. This will help you to build on what you have learnt and give you the opportunity to apply it to your relationship. Don’t worry – it won’t be marked! It isn’t looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit.
For More Information on The Marriage Course Click Here